ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT PROMISE RINGS 2021
A Promise Ring is more than simply a piece of jewellery. These rings signify love, commitment and a bond between two people. It's now 2021, and most people have heard about promise rings, but do they really understand the meaning behind them? Our ultimate guide to promise rings will answer all your questions.
What is a Promise Ring?
A promise ring is a symbol of love and commitment between two people. They carry much more meaning than just a piece of jewellery.
Is a Promise Ring right for your relationship?
There are many reasons to give a promise ring, here are the most common:
- You know you want to be together forever, and want a ring to symbolize it
- Many young couples wear them as a pre-engagement ring
- You're not ready to get married yet, for reasons such as being too young
- You don't want to spend thousands on an engagement ring yet
- A promise ring would comfort you to wear when you are away from eachother
What finger should a promise ring be worn on?
These rings can be worn on any finger. If it is given as a romantic gesture it is common to be worn on the traditional finger as a 'pre-engagement ring'
Who can give and receive Promise Rings?
Two people in a Romantic Relationship
Traditionally, Promise Rings are given from a man to a woman as a way to express their love and commitment to the relationship. Although, they are a romantic gift that cannot be defined by gender.
Bestfriends / Sisters
Sometimes our sisters or bestfriends are our real soul-mates. Matching promise rings are growing more and more popular between friends and sisters. These are also known as friendship rings. Popular 'friendship' promise rings are usually band rings.
Mother and Daughter
It goes without saying the love between mother and daughter is life-long and unconditional. A promise ring is something that can be worn by both as a daily reminder of their bond.
Are Promise Rings new?
Some people think the concept of promise rings was created by modern corporate companies, however this is far from the truth. These meaningful rings have been around for hundreds of years, dating back to the 16th century, and are still very popular today.
If you're thinking of giving a Promise Ring, here are some tips
1. A promise ring should not be given lightly, make sure you're serious about your commitment
2. Don't get down on one knee when you hand the promise ring over, take some time to explain that it is not an engagement ring.
3. Present it nicely, place the ring inside a jewellery box or pouch. For extra impact add a hand-written gift note and gift bag.